BOE–Bot is short for Board of Education robot. It is the trade name of a robot kit that is used in junior high, high school and college robotics classes. It consists of a main circuit board (the Board of Education) and breadboard, a plug–in BASIC Stamp microcontroller, two servo motors to drive the wheels, and an aluminum chassis that the parts bolt onto.
Here’s what your Boe-Bot will do:
- Navigate by the program commands you give it
- Report sensor status to you with light and sound
- Escape corners by touch using whisker contact sensors
- Steer by sensing light to find the brightest or darkest place
- Detect and avoid obstacles with infrared sensors
- Detect distance to follow your hand or another robot